CSA began service on October 28, 1923 when an Aero A-14 flew from Praguw to Bratislava. In 1933 CSA began its first international flights when it began service to Zagreb. By the time Germany annexed Czecholslovak in 1939 CSA was flying to destinations thoughtout Europe. CSA expanded throughout the 50's and 60's using Soviet produced aircraft. In 1958 CSA entered the jet age with it began flying TU-104's. In 1973 CSA began service to New York. With the fall of commnunism CSA underwent rapid modernization of its fleet with the introduction fo 737's and Airbus 310s; By 1997 all of the Russian made aircraft were grounded replaced by the Boeing and Airbus aircraft.