USS Haiglar

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Haiglar YTB-327

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Haiglar

Principal chief of the Catauba tribe.

(YTB 327: dp. 237, 1. 100'; b. 25', dr. 9'7", s. 16 k. T. V2-MEAL)

Haiglar (YTB-327) was built by Brunswick Marine Construction Corp., Brunswick, Gal, in 1942 as Port Went worth, under Maritime Commission contract. Delivered to the Navy at Brunswick 14 November 1942, she was converted to Navy use at Savannah Machine & Foundry Co., Savannah, Gal, and placed in service 13 December 1942, classified as YT-327.

Assigned to the 1st Naval District, Haiglar served as a harbor tug at Boston, Mass., and was redesignated YTB-327, harbor tug, big, 15 May 1944. She was transferred to the 15;th Naval District for duty at Balboa, Canal Zone, 9 June 1945, but was brought back to Boston soon after the end of the w ar in the Pacific. Haiglar was subsequently transferred to the Panama Canal and struck from the Navy List simultaneously 11 February 1947.

 

'); ');