USS Pilgrim III

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Pilgrim III SP-1204

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Pilgrim III

(SP-1204: t. 98; 1. 120'; b. 23'; dr. 8'6"; s. 6.9 k.; cpl. 27;
a. 2 1-pdrs.)

The third Pilgrim, a motorized fishing boat built at Wilmington, Del. in 1893 for the Beaufort Fish Scrap and Oil Co., New Bern, N.C., was formally acquired by the Navy on free lease 30 July 1918, after she had been fitted out for patrol duty, and commissioned 18 July 1917.

Assigned to 5th Naval District, Pilgrim operated in Pamlico Sound and Onslow Bay as far south as the New River until she decommissioned 7 January 1919 and was returned to her owner.