USS Kathrich II

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Kathrich II SP-148

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Kathrich II

A former name retained.

(SP-148: t. 12; 1. 40'; b. 10'; dr. 4'; s. 9 k.; a. none)

Kathrich II, a motor boat, was built by E. S. Thibault of Jacksonville, Fla., in 1913 and acquired by the Navy from her owner, Richard B. Marks, of Jacksonville, Fla. She enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 20 April 1917 and was taken over by the Navy 8 May. Kathrich II commissioned 9 May at Charleston, S.C., Boatswain's Mate Second Class Robert Fisher, USNRF, in command.

Assigned to the 6th Naval District, Kathrich II operated as a section patrol ship in Savannah, Ga., harbor, boarding and inspecting ships and sealing radios. On 5 February 1919 she was assigned to NOTS for duty as a dispatch and radio inspection ship in Savannah harbor. Placed out of commission 6 February, Kathrich 11 remained with NOTS until 4 September when she was turned over to the Coast Guard for use in communications work.