USS Niagara IV Navy History, History, USS Navy, Battleships, Carriers, Cruisers">

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

 

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
  US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Niagara IV SP-246

Niagara IV
(SP-246: t. 46; 1. 80'6"; b. 14'4"; dr. 4'6"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 11; a. 1 3-pdr., 1 1-pdr., 2 mg.)

The fourth Niagara (SP-246), a motor boat, was built by Matthews Boat Co., Port Clinton, Ohio, in 1913, acquired by the Navy on lease from Lawrence D. Buhl, Detroit, Mich., 9 June 1917 and commissioned the same day

She served as a motor patrol boat in the 9th Naval District until returned to her owner 20 March 1919.

 

'); ');