USS Vencedor

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Vencedor

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Vencedor

(MB: t. 90 (gross); 1. 90', b. 17'; dr. 3'11" (mean); s. 10.5 k.; cpl. 15; a. 1 6 pdr., 1 1-pdr.)

Vencedor (SP-699)—a wooden-hulled motorboat completed in 1909 at Neponset, Mass., by George Lawley and Sons, and originally named Tekla—was acquired by the Navy on a free lease basis from H. H. Luedinghams on 19 June 1917, and commissioned at the New York Navy Yard on 30 August 1917, Ens. David Crow, USNRF, in command.

Operating out of Section Base No. 6, 3d Naval District, Vencedor performed harbor patrol duties into the summer of 1918 when she began carrying dispatches and towing targets. After continuing this duty through the armistice, Vencedor was decommissioned at City Island, N.Y., on 26 February 1919 and returned to her owner.
hjk