USS Zumbrota

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Zumbrota MB

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Zumbrota

(MB: t. 34 (gross); 1. 70'0"; b. 14'6"; dr. 2'1";
s. 12.5 k.; cpl. 7; a. 1 3-pdr., 2 mg.)

Zumbrota—a motor boat built in 1914 at Port Clinton, Ohio, by the Matthews Boat Co.—was acquired by the Navy on 11 August 1917 from circus entrepreneur, C. E. Ringling, of Sarasota, Fla., for service as a section patrol boat and was designated SP 93.

Commissioned on 11 August, Zumbrota was assigned to the 7th Naval District and operated out of Key West, Fla. She conducted local patrols for the duration of the war. Redesignated YP-93 in 1920, she continued her operations in the Florida waters of the 7th Naval District until decommissioned on 5 November 1926. Struck from the Navy list three days later, the boat was sold to the Thompson Fish Co., of Key West, on 3 May 1927.
hjk