(ACV-33: dp. 7800; 1. 495'8"; b. 69'6"; ew. 111'6"; s.
18 k.; cpl. 890; a. 2 5"; cl. Prince Williams)
The second Glacier was originally designated AVG~3, and changed to AV-33 on 20 August 1942. She was built by the Seattle-Tacoma Shipbuilding Co. ( later Todd Pacific Shipbuilding) of Tacoma, Wash., under Maritime Commission Contact. Glacier was launched 7 September 1942, sponsored by Mrs. Richard P. Luker, and commissioned 12 July 1943, Comdr. Ward C. Gilbert in command. Her designation was changed to CVE-33 on 15 July 1943.
Glacier was one of a large group of escort carriers transferred to Great Britain under lend-lease. She was transferred 31 July 1943 at Vancouver, B.C. and served during World War II as Atheling. Atheling put in to Norfolk VA., 6 December 1946 or return to the United States. Her name was stricken from the Navy List 7 February 1947 and she was sold to National Bulk Carriers, Inc., 26 November 1947.