USS Pintail  

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Pintail AMc-17

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Pintail


(AMc-17: dp. 210; 1. 84'9"; b. 22'; dr. 8'6"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 17;
a. 1 mg.)

Pintail (AMc-17), built in 1937 as Three Star by the Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Co., North Bend, Ore., was purchased by the Maritime Commission from the MacPhister

Van Camp Canning Co., San Pedro, Calif., and transferred to the Navy 19 November 1940; renamed Pintail (AMc-17), 7 December 1940; converted by the Western Boat Building Co., Tacoma, Wash.; and placed in service 18 February 1941.

As Pintail the former purse-seiner operated as a coastal minesweeper in the 13th Naval District until placed out of service and struck from the Navy List 30 March 1945. She was redelivered to the Maritime Commission 23 July 1945 and subsequently sold at auction.