USS Pandora

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Pandora WPC-113

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Pandora
(WPC-113: dp. 327; 1. 165', b. 25'3", dr. 9'6", B. 16 k., cpl. 50; a. 1 3", 2 20mm.)

Pandora, built for the Coast Guard by Manitowoc Shipbuilding Corporation, Manitowoc, Wisc., was launched 30 June 1934. She commissioned as a large cruising cutter, was assigned permanent station at Miami, Fla., and commenced patrol and rescue operations out of Miami in the summer of 1934.

The cutter was headquartered at Miami until 1939, when she transferred to Key West, Fla. With the outbreak of hostilities, Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941 transferred the Coast Guard to the Navy. Pandora served as a naval coastal patrol and rescue craft out of Key West through the war years. She returned to the Treasury Department 1 January 1946 and continued patrol and rescue duties in Gulf coastal waters until 1959, when she decommissioned and was sold for scrap.