USS Palo Blanco

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Palo Blanco ATA-214

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Palo Blanco



(ATA-214: dp. 1,550,1. 194'6" b. 34'7" dr. 14'1", s. 12.1 k. cpl. 57; a. 2 40mm.; ei. ATA-2i4)

Palo Blanco (ATA-214) was laid down 22 May 1943 as YN-85; re-designated AN-64, 20 January 1944, launched 17 June 1944, sponsored by Mrs. Isabella A. Gamage, re-designated ATA-214, 12 August 1944, lost the name Palo Blanco

and commissioned 2.5 September 1944.

During her brief war-time career, ATA-214 served in the Pacific. In July 1945, she provided auxiliary tug serviceR in and around Leyte Gulf. On the 12th, she steamed to Buckner Bay, Okinawa, but returned to San Pedro Bay, Leyte the 25th. After the war, the ship decommissioned in September 1945; she was transferred to the Maritime Commission 30 April 1947.