USS Olivin

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Olivin PYc-22

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Olivin
(PYc-22: dp. 120; 1. 124'0"; b. 20'0"; dr. 6'10", s. 13 k.; a. 1 3", 2 .50 eel. mg., 2 dct.)

Olivin (PYe-22), a yseht built as Bidou for Mr. James A.
Moffett by Bath Iron Works, in 1930, was acquired by the
Navy from J. W. Drell 15 January 1942; converted by Miami
Shipbuilding Co., Miami, Fla.; and commissioned 25 April

Assigned to the 4th Naval District, Olivin departed Miami 4 May for Philadelphia, Pa., via Charleston Navy Yard, arriving the 17th. She served as station ship in the Delaware River, examining and boarding ships until she decomissioned and was placed in service 21 March 1944 to continue oDerations off Cape May, N. J. She returned to the Philadelphia Navy Yard 15 August, was placed out of service 14 September, and was delivered to the Maritime Commission 23 October 1946 for scrapping.