USS Guinevere II

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Guinevere II IX-67

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Guinevere II

(IX-67: dp.503;1.195';b.32'6";dr.15')

Guinevere (IX-67), an auxiliary schooner, was built by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1921, and acquired from her owner, Edgar Palmer of New York, 24 March 1942. She commissioned 16 June 1912 at Brooklyn, Lt. Henry H. Anderson in command.

After brief shakedown, Guinevere performed harbor patrol at Boston, escorted newly formed convoys out to sea, and periodically sailed to patrol off the coast of Greenland. She decommissioned 2 August 1945 and her name was struck from the Navy List 13 August. Sho was transferred to the Maritime Commission for sale into private ownership 25 April 1946.

 

'); ');