USS Racer II

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Racer II IX-100

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Racer II

(IX-100: dp. 114; 1. 110'10"; b. 17'0"; dr. 5'8", cpl. 28;
a. 1 40mm.)

The second Racer (IX-100) was laid down as PC-sol by Seabrook Yacht Corp., Houston, Tex., launched 24 Junuary 1942; changed to SC-5018 April 1943, acquired by the Navy from the Coast Guard 9 April 1943, changed to IX-100 21 April 1943; named Racer 3 May 1943; and placed in service 27 May 1943.

Originally attached to the 14th Naval District for fleet use, wooden-hulled Racer was reassigned to ServRon 2, upon being placed in service, and for the remainder of her career operated under the direction of the Antisubmarine Warfare Unit Sound School Pearl Harbor.

Racer was place] out of service 21 May 1946, struck from the Navy list 5 June 1946, and sold 20 December 1946 to Charles Marramore of Honolulu.