USS Gettysburg II Navy History, History, USS Navy, Battleships, Carriers, Cruisers">

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

 

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
  US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Gettysburg II PCE-904

Gettysburg II

(PCE 904: dp. 640; 1. 184'6"; b. 33'1"; dr. 9'5"; s. 15.7 k.; cpl. 99; a. 1 3", 4 20mm., 4 dcp., 1 dcp. (h.h.), 2 dct.; cl, PCE 842)

The second Gettysburg (PCE-904) was laid down 18

February 1943 by Willamette Iron & Steel Corp., Portland Oregon; launched 9 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret Mashofsky; and commissioned USS PCE-904 31 May 1945, Lt. Lloyd N. Emory in command.

PCE-904 was originally assigned to the Service Force Pacific Fleet. Following the end of World War II, she operated out of Pearl Harbor, training naval reservists in the 14th Naval District. She decommissioned 5 January 1950 and recommissioned at New York 21 November. Assigned to the 3d Naval District as a Naval Reserve Training ship, she operated out of New York and later out of New London, Conn. PCE 904 decommissioned at New London 2 September 1955 and entered the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.

PCE-904 was named Gettysburg 15 February 1956. She was sold for scrapping to Boston Metals Co., Baltimore MD., 23 June 1960.

 

'); ');