USS Geraldine Navy History, History, USS Navy, Battleships, Carriers, Cruisers">

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

 

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
  US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Geraldine SP-1011

Geraldine

A former name retained.

(SP-1011: t. 22; 1. 67'; b. 13': dr. 4', s. 11 k., cpl. 8, a. 3
pdr., 1-1-pdr.)

Geraldine, a motor patrol boat, was built as Albion in 1916 by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass.; acquired by the Navy 24 July 1917 from her owner, Frederick S. Fish, South Bend, Inc.; taken over at Chicago 8 September 1917; and commissioned 13 September 1917, Ens F, S. Fish, USNRF, in command.

Assigned to the 9th Naval District, Geraldine operated
as a section patrol boat out of Great Lakes, Ill., and cruised Lake Michigan until winter 1917 when she was laid up at Chicago. Returning to Lake Michigan 6 April 1918, Geraldine resumed her patrol and guard duties, and served as a dispatch boat in the Assault St. Marie area from 12 May to 19 August. After the Armistice, her name was struck from the Navy List 17 December, and she was returned to her owner 7 January 1919.

 

'); ');