USS St Regis River

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

St Regis River LSMR-529

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
St. Regis River

(LSMR-529: dp. 1,084 (tl.), 1. 206'3", b. 34'6", dr. 6'8"; s. 13 k. (tl.); cpl. 138; a. 1 5", 4 40mm., 4 4.2"M., 10 rkt.; el. LSMR-501)

St. Regis River was laid down in June 1945 by the Brown Shipbuilding Co. at Houston, Tex., as LSMR-529, a rocket-armed medium landing ship launched in July 1945; and commissioned on 7 September 1945.

LSMR-529 was active in Navy service from September 1945 until March 1946, but remained in the United States. In March 1946, she was placed out of commission, in reserve, and berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla., where she remained for the next 14 years. On 1 October 1955, LSMR-529 was named St. Regis River. Never recommissioned, St. Regis River was sold to the Atlas Iron and Metal Corp. on 5 July 1960 for scrapping.