(Brigatine: t. 195; a. 18 guns)
The Brigatine Pinckney was purchased at Charleston, S.C., in 1798 for use in the Revenue Cutter Service. Transferred, however, to the Navy, she served in the West Indies Squadron under Captain Thomas Tingey. Commanded until 31 October 1798 by Capt. George Cross, then by Capt. Samuel Haywood she remained with the West Indies Squadron through 1799. The following year she was sold.