USS Grampus IV  

Navyhistory.com
ABOUT US
History of Ships and Navies
Contact US
Navy Links

Ê

Other Sites
HistoryShopping.com
Navalshopping.com
Historycentral.com
America's Wars
Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Civil War
World War II
Ê US Aircraft of WW2
Vietnam War
Presidential Elections
NationbyNation.com
Multieducator Products

Grampus IV SP-1708

Mug Windbreaker
Plaque Cap
Polo Shirt Sweatshirt
Grampus IV

(SP-1708-: 1. 126')

The fourth Grampus, originally Boothbay, was built by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia, purchased from the Eastern Steamship Line of Boston, and commissioned 14 December 1917 at the Boston Navy Yard. Her name was changed to Grampus November 1920. Assigned to ferry service between the Washington Navy Yard, Indian Head, MD., and Dahlgren, VA., Grampus decommissioned 11 December 1930. Her name was struck from the Navy List on 30 December 1930 and she was later sold to the Buxton Line of Norfolk, VA.

 

'); ');