(AK-214: dp. 7,460;1 338'6"; b. 60'; dr. 21'1"; s. 11.6
k.; cpl. 85; a. 1 3';; cl. Alamosa; T. C1-M-AV1)
Tarrant (AK-214), was laid down under Maritime Commission contract (MC hull 2168) on 4 December 1944 by the Leathem D. Smith Shipbuilding Co., Sturgeon Bay, Wisc., launched on 25 February 1945, sponsored by Miss Agnes Iareon; and commissioned on 18 September 1945, Lt. Comdr. F. A. Simmons, USCGR, in command.
Tarrant and her Coast Guard crew reported to the Commander in Chief, Atlantic Fleet, on 24 September as available for her shakedown cruise. However, since World War II had ended, she was ordered to report to the Commandant, 8th Naval District for disposal.
Turrant reported on 30 September and was decommissioned and returned to the War Shipping Administration on 21 November. Tarrant was struck from the Navy list on 6 December 1946.