La Guardia Airport
History The site of the present airport was originally occupied by the Gala Amusement Park. In 1929 the land was used to creat a private flying field called the Glenn H. Curtiss Airport and later the North Beach Airport. The field was taken over by New York City and was dedicatecd as New York City Municipal Airport on October 15, 1939. On November 2, 1939 the name was changed to New York Municipal Airport-La Guardian Field and was opened go commercial traffic on December 2, 1939. And the final name change came in 1947 when the airport was leased to the Port Authority and became LaGuardia Airport.
Management Operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
Land 662 acres