On October 5th 1905 Wilbur flew his aircraft for 38 minutes, covering 24 mils. The aircraft, "Flyer III" was an enhanced version of their earlier planes and was powered by a 15/16 horse power engine. The new aircraft had longer struts than both is predecessors. It also had a larger elevator. A major innovation was the installation of a second Lever to control the rudder separatelyh from the elevator.